Newcomb Nerds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newcomb Nerds

Newcomb Nerd Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MapleStory On Fox News 7/25/07

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiger
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Tiger

Number of posts : 54
School : P01Y
Registration date : 2007-07-20

MapleStory On Fox News 7/25/07 Empty
PostSubject: MapleStory On Fox News 7/25/07   MapleStory On Fox News 7/25/07 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 6:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M4SsoI4K6g&eurl=

This is just crap. Interviewed noob on what they think and of course they get emo ones to make MS look bad. The people they interviewed made MS sound all bad. They said that kids spend $50.00 a week! WTF only freaks do! NO! People dont have to spend nx it is not addicting it's just cool you dont "need" it MS is still a free game. Then they say that people steal from their parents. Well those kids are stupid. And even if they do steal and spend $10,000,000.00 well its the same as spending $00.01. All the parent has to do is say they didn't purchas that if the kid stole their credit card and BAM no lost money and the account that the nx was charged to gets permanently banned for NX fraud, and the parent is free to beat up their child. That interview is a bunch of crap. At least have some people who say it's good besides the CEO of Nexon. And interview people who's opinion actually matters (NO NOOB). A Noob with nx cash is stupid. they dont need it. it will do nothing. $40.00 every 3 months is what I spend and thats actually more than you need. $20.00 every 3 months will get u all the advantages you need. AND WTF was with them saying you use trickery! WTF WTF WTF WTF! Thats stupid you dont use trickery I can think of absolutly NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way that trickery comes into MS at ALL! Then they go and show that clip of all the noobs gathered together with one lvling up a lot. THAT IS A HACK! WHY ARE THEY SHOWING HACKS! THAT HACK DOESNT EVEN WORK ANYMORE AND TO GET IT TO WORK AT ALL HE DESERVES TO LVL UP LIKE THAT WOW THAT WOULD BE EXTREAMLY HARD! He might even be able to get arrested for doing that. And sometimes they show 4th job videos. WTF! We dont have 4th job. This is not Japen, China, or Korea is it? No!

FOX 11 investigation:

Battling Cartoon Monsters, Using magical powers and potions. Swords, weapons, and trickery. lol trickery. Scamming?

Noob1: "It's fun" At level 10? I dont think so

It's a video game called Maple Story a hot new virtual hangout amongst school aged kids (LOLHACKERSCENE) LOL wtf is w/ that super level up hack

Noob1(Heaven): "A lot of my friends here play it with me , Like some of my friends that couldn't be here uhm, they're playing, they're actually talking to me right now *giggle* (I love how she's amazed that her friends are talking to her, must be cause they avoid her IRL or live in the UAE or something)

CEO: The spread of maple story has been fantastic.

Players say the game sets the bar high. (Of what stupid? lvling its not that hard). Heaven a big fan even calls it moraly responsible. (LOL HER NAME IS HEAVEN has she seen a mirror?)

Noob1: It doesn't allow any profanity really, stutter, theres no player versus player violence. (Stupid filter always blocks when i say "Whisper me" or "can all members come to fm")

Strogov: But some kids and parents say that maple story can really suck you in, and that the cost in both time and money can get way out of control.

NXThief1: It could get so bad that you're spending like fifty dollars, like a week. (LoL @ Snails. and WTF on what STUFF U DONT NEED)

Strogov: Talk to me about what keeps you focused:

It kinda gets me away from family. It gets me away from *SLURR*life. (Like he has one)

Maple Story is marketed as an awesome multi-player gamer available for free. A simple download, but the business model behind it : first get kids hooked on a free game then get them buying all the cool stuff that goes with it. Players use cash cards available at stores or online through paypal. To get virtual accessories for their characters in their alternate universe.
(once again u dont need nx, my cousin has been playing for 4 years and hasnt spent a single penny)

Noob1: Just different items to make your character look different or cooler.

Virtual clothes, gear, even haircuts all for their online avatars.

Reporter: Is that your character? Reporter thinking: "Is this a boy or girl..."

Noob1: Yea, i'm gonna go buy some new shoes.
How about a new wardrobe?

This eleven year old said she became so obsessed, she stole from her mom to get the stuff she wanted.
Geeze at least steal from your neighbors - why from your own mother.

NXThief2: My friends said told me that they knew a way to use her credit card. When she found out she was really upset about it .
(No -blam!- sherlock)

Another mother tells a similar story. (LOL why the blurred face? Ashamed of your kid? You best be) Her son broke into her paypal account for his maple story gear.

ParentofNXThief2: For an eleven year old they were pretty large charges, I didn't realize something like that coud be so addictive to a child so young. That scared me a little bit. (WOW WHAT A NOOB, her 11 year old child hacked into her Paypal acc, wtf was the username-email and password posted on the refridgerator or something? and 11 year old CANT PLAY MAPLE U HAVE TO BE 13 THEY LIED WHEN MAKING AN ACCT)

But the company behind maplestory, Nexon, says, "while it encourages players to use good judgement, it can't be responsible for kids who go overboard". (I agree but thaixmage should be banned from target)

DudeImAGM: We want uhm, users to be very measured in you know the usage of our games, and we want parents to contribute to that.
(Do your chores now!!! Wait MOM I'm in zakum!!!!)

Parents and even kids we talked to agree. Limits need to be set at home.

Noob1: Depending on how many hours my mom and dad will let me play on the computer. I will definitely like play a lot of time playing this game. (Your char is a boy. Can't tell which one you are? I pity you)

ParentOfNoob: I'm not gonna let her go spend hundreds of dollars.
(Off topic, gg dad)

NXthief2: I just think we should be more cautious. (You have spent 3 hour(s) on Maple Story, we suggest you take a break from mapling)

Nexon says maple story already has four million players in the united states, who spend millions of real dollars in their virtual world. (GG Gachapwn, Clothes that last 3 months and ThaiXMage for 50% contribution to all megaphones purchased)

Last edited by on Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SnaKeEyez
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
SnaKeEyez

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory On Fox News 7/25/07   MapleStory On Fox News 7/25/07 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 1:09 am

Stupid news has it all wrong.
Back to top Go down
Orpheus
Master Chief
Master Chief
Orpheus

Number of posts : 71
School : Poly
Interests : Halo, and world domination
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory On Fox News 7/25/07   MapleStory On Fox News 7/25/07 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 7:13 pm

I don't trust establishments for stuff i know

and another note: THAT DUDE LOOKED LIKE AND SOUNDED LIKE AN EMO CHICK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory On Fox News 7/25/07   MapleStory On Fox News 7/25/07 Empty

Back to top Go down

MapleStory On Fox News 7/25/07
Page 1 of 1